Re: Is there an html or WCAG definition of "modality" as it relates to keyboard behavior in a modeal dialog?

Hi Steve

Correct - The web page is a context — but the author does not cause the tabkey to move out of the page (that is browser or OS behavior)  —so the author (and the web page) would not fail WCAG.

Also - on a broader basis — the browser is actually part of the context of each page.  (e.g.  the print function of the browser provides the print function of the  page)  so I would say that it is not really a different context but the broader context.

gregg

Gregg Vanderheiden
gregg@raisingthefloor.org