RE: Action-1293 Proposal

thank you. I will take a look.

Rich Schwerdtfeger

From:	Cynthia Shelly <cyns@microsoft.com>
To:	Dominic Mazzoni <dmazzoni@google.com>, Alexander Surkov
            <surkov.alexander@gmail.com>
Cc:	Matthew King/Fishkill/IBM@IBMUS, Joanmarie Diggs
            <jdiggs@igalia.com>, PF <public-pfwg@w3.org>, Richard
            Schwerdtfeger/Austin/IBM@IBMUS
Date:	03/11/2015 02:28 PM
Subject:	RE: Action-1293 Proposal

I made a proposal to handle this for lists as part of my Web Accessibility
Properties and Actions proposal at TPAC.  It could easily be generalized to
tables as well.

https://rawgit.com/cyns/wapa/master/wapa.html

From: Dominic Mazzoni [mailto:dmazzoni@google.com]
Sent: Wednesday, March 11, 2015 10:20 AM
To: Alexander Surkov
Cc: Matthew King; Joanmarie Diggs; PF; Richard Schwerdtfeger
Subject: Re: Action-1293 Proposal

I still don't understand what this line is supposed to mean:

loaded -->

If the intended meaning of this line is that "there are 49 rows following
this one that aren't loaded yet", then I don't see how that's useful
information to annotate. I'm not aware of an existing native accessibility
API that has a way to express this, nor am I aware of any screen reader
that announces anything like this. Rather, most APIs and screen readers
primarily concern themselves with (1) the coordinates of the current cell,
(2) the span of the current cell, and (3) the total number of rows and
columns in the table.

Everything else is just implied or discovered - for example if you navigate
down from row 1 and reach row 100, clearly the rows in-between were missing
- but that's implicit, not explicit.

- Dominic

On Wed, Mar 11, 2015 at 10:01 AM, Alexander Surkov <