Re: Thoughts on nested rowgroups?

On 04/02/2015 11:59 AM, Joseph Scheuhammer wrote:
> On 2015-04-02 11:30 AM, Joseph Scheuhammer wrote:
>> We are converging on the following:  If an element has
>> role="rowgroup", it is generally not mapped.  If, however, it is
>> focusable, is interactive, or has some global aria-* property on it,
>> then it will be mapped.
>>
>> If you agree, how would AX API map it?
>
> Followup:  we are assuming that the same logic applies to thead, tfoot,
> and tbody.  Like you said, these are not mapped either.  But, if they
> are focusable or interactive, then there would be a mapping.

Point of clarification: Host language thead, tfoot, and tbody or ARIA
thead, tfoot, and tbody? If you mean the latter, note that at the moment
those roles are not included in the proposal or tables branch. The
reason I undid that work is because James and Alex both stated we
shouldn't have them. Thus if that winds up being the final consensus, I
would assume that authors MUST apply the rowgroup role on the native
thead, tfoot, or tbody element if that element is focusable. And then
it's no different from the original question you asked. (right?)

--joanie