Re: Implementation bugs (present and anticipated) with aria-owns in tabular containers

Hey James.

On 03/31/2015 09:29 PM, james.nurthen@oracle.com wrote:
> I agree that this is valid. I think the reason that this has not come up
> before is that, in practice, you can normally achieve row ownership
> through judicious use of role=presentation and the grid roles without
> having to resort to aria-owns.
>
> We have used aria-owns on rows to point to the owned gridcells and this
> works quite well in FF.

Just out of curiosity, what are the native elements being used? From my
admittedly-cursory experiments, when the native elements are tables and
ARIA is being used to further enhance that native table markup, things
don't break quite as much.

--joanie