W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-pfwg@w3.org > October 2014

Re: Agenda: October 20, 2014 WAI-PF ARIA Caucus

From: Janina Sajka <janina@rednote.net>
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2014 16:19:04 -0400
To: public-pfwg@w3.org
Message-ID: <20141016201904.GN1297@opera.rednote.net>
My regrets for the ARIA call Monday, I have a one-time consulting conflict.


Janina

Richard Schwerdtfeger writes:
> 
> 
> Agenda: October 20, 2014 WAI-PF ARIA Caucus
> 
> Time of meeting is 1:00PM EST, 10:00AM PST, 17:00 UTC, duration is 1.5
> hours
> Zakim Bridge +1.617.761.6200, conference 92473 ("WAIPF")
> 
> 
> IRC: server: irc.w3.org, port: 6665, channel: #aria.
> 
> - Identify Scribe
> - TPAC Face to Face (Any items to discuss) Janina
> - New Open issue
>   - Issue 679 The definition of value is inaccurate
> 	- https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/track/issues/679
> 
> - Review *due* action items:
> 
> - getComputedRole (Multiple action items)
>      - https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/track/actions/1469
>      - https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/track/actions/1464
>      - https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/track/actions/1463
>      - https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/track/issues/427
>      - https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/track/actions/1462
> 
> 
> - Action 1335 (Issue 493) Propose edit for issue-493 to explicitly disallow
> strings matching "" or "undefined" in this sentence: content authors must
> provide values for required states and properties. (Joanie)
>     - https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/track/actions/1335
>     - https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/track/issues/493
> 
> - Action 1345 (Issue 545) Propose an edit issue-545 resolving live region
> changes to dom vs a11y tree (Joanie)
>     - https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/track/actions/1345
>     - https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/track/issues/545
> 
> - Action 1346 Propose edit to dialog role to clarify issue that leads to
> bad implementation (Matt King)
>         - https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/track/actions/1346
> 
> 
> - Action 1361 (Issue 1361) Suggest new text for the application role (James
> Nurthen)
>     - https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/track/actions/1361
> 
> - Action 1389 Gather more information about secondary information (desc,
> tooltip, etc)  (Cynthia Shelly)
>     - https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/track/actions/1389
> 
> - Action 1423 (Issue-638) Ask developers about group, none, and generic
> roles and whether it would be helpful for implementation of e.g., narrator
> (Cynthia)
>    - https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/track/actions/1423
>    - https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/track/issues/638
> 
> 
> - Action 1438 Set up auto publish to GH Pages for editors' drafts
> https://pages.github.com   (Michael Cooper)
>    - https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/track/actions/1438
> 
> - Action 1440 landmarks section uses "region of page" in prose even though
> "region" is not a landmark (Joanie Diggs)
>    - https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/track/actions/1440
> 
> - Action 1442 (Issue 587) Createe spec. text for aria-currentfor="IDREF"
> and aria-current="true/false", related to issue-587 (Leonie Watson)
>    - https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/track/issues/587
>    - https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/track/actions/1442
>    - http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-pfwg/2014Oct/0114.html
> (proposal from Leonie)
> 
> 
> - Action 1461 (Issue-623) Ask an html-aapi editor to bring question of
> @inert to html a11y tf (Michael)
>    - https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/track/actions/1461
>    - https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/track/issues/623
>    - https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/track/issues/623
> - Action 1462 (related to issue 427) Discuss Computed role with the IE team
> (Cynthia)
>  - https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/track/actions/1462
>  - https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/track/actions/1463 (Joseph to follow up
> on computed role)
>    - https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/track/issues/427
> - Action 1464 (Related to issue 1464) Discuss Computed role with the Chrome
> team (Dominic)
>    - https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/track/actions/1464
>    - Same issue as action 1462
> - Action 1465 fix default values in 1.1 respec (Shane)
>    - https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/track/actions/1465
> 
> - Action 1498 Draft "term" role (related to html dfn/dt elements) in
> addition to the 1.0 "definition" (equiv to html dd element) (Joanie)
>     - https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/track/actions/1498
> 
> - Review Open Actions and set completions dates
>    - https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/track/products/17
> 
> 
> References:
> 
> ARIA Test Plan Action Items:
> http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/track/products/5
> 
> UAIG Open Actions and Issues:
> https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/track/products/10
> 
> ARIA Test Report:
> https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/testharness/testreport?testsuite_id=1
> 
> Use Cases for Extended Descriptions:
> http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/wiki/Use_Cases_for_Extended_Descriptions
> 
> ARIA 1.1 Open Actions and Issues:
> https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/track/products/17
> 
> ARIA 1.1 User Agent Implementation Guide Issues and Actions
> https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/track/products/23
> 
> Core Accessibility API Mapping Specification:
> http://rawgit.com/w3c/aria/master/implementation/aria-implementation.html
> 
> ARIA 1.1 bugs in bugzilla:
> https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/buglist.cgi?list_id=41289&product=ARIA&query_format=advanced&version=1.1
> 
> 
> Minutes Last Meeting:
> http://www.w3.org/2014/10/06-aria-minutes.html
> 
> 
> Rich Schwerdtfeger

-- 

Janina Sajka,	Phone:	+1.443.300.2200
			sip:janina@asterisk.rednote.net
		Email:	janina@rednote.net

Linux Foundation Fellow
Executive Chair, Accessibility Workgroup:	http://a11y.org

The World Wide Web Consortium (W3C), Web Accessibility Initiative (WAI)
Chair,	Protocols & Formats	http://www.w3.org/wai/pf
	Indie UI			http://www.w3.org/WAI/IndieUI/
Received on Thursday, 16 October 2014 20:19:26 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Tuesday, 6 January 2015 20:35:33 UTC