Re: Generated CSS content and browser/assistive technology compatibility

Blink split from WebKit before we added the CSS4 "alt" property (mentioned previously in the thread), so WebKit is likely the only browser to support it. As noted, text-based generated content seems to be well supported in most modern browsers even if it's not well supported by some assistive technology.