Re: Action 1500 - fixed zoom

A further type of applications where, in my opinion, it is legitimate to
disable zooming are web applications which are attempting to mimic the
look and feel of native apps.
On an iOS (I'm unsure how native apps look on other platforms) device,
for example, native applications normally do not respond to zoom. Take a
look at the iOS Settings application. We have developers who want their
web apps to mimic native apps.
It is possible in Mobile Safari to use the fonts and the zooming levels
specified by the OS by specifying various vendor-specific font styles in
the style sheet. I would prefer to focus our attentions on ways to allow
the user's font preferences to be used in web applications rather than
working against a feature which actually can enhance usability when used
in the correct ways in the correct types of applications.

Regards,
James

--
Regards, James

Oracle <http://www.oracle.com>
James Nurthen | Principal Engineer, Accessibility
Phone: +1 650 506 6781 <tel:+1%20650%20506%206781> | Mobile: +1 415 987
1918 <tel:+1%20415%20987%201918>
Oracle Corporate Architecture
500 Oracle Parkway | Redwood City, CA 94065