Re: ISSUE-636 ACTION-1398 Provide spec. text for aria-roledescription

I would definitely not want to add a role name on top of a role
description. Developers are going to go nuts over having to keep track of
all these permutations. We need to keep this simple.

We are creating a localized more detailed version of the role. It is
essentially a localized subclass that is author defined. Let's focus on
that. In early GUI days we often referred to user defined controls or
classes. What I would prefer to see, if we were going to change this, would
be userRole or authorRole which should be defined as a localized
author/user defined subclass of the supplied role. This, to me, makes more
sense. It should also be a failure to have userRole or authorRole
(whichever we might pick) without the presence of a non-abstract role
attribute.

Also, removing name and description from the attribute name avoids
confusion with name and descriptions which are already in ARIA which is
what I believe was Birkir's concern earlier.

Rich

Rich Schwerdtfeger