Re: Clarification sought regarding aria-setsize and aria-posinset

Hi Joanie,

Not a complete reply, but the end of your message reminded me of a
feature in IA2.

You wrote:

> I think what the improvements to ATK (and in turn AT-SPI2) may be is two
> new methods:
>
> a. get_set_size()
> b. get_position_in_set()
>
> Seems like that would be a more reliable -- and implementation-agnostic
> -- way for ATs to get the needed information to pass along to end users.
>
> Related aside: Are the ATs on other platforms having to play a similar
> game of "go fish" when trying to present things like set size and
> position in set?

That's similar to IAccessible2::groupPosition() [1] which retrieves the
level (think hierarchy), group size, and position in a group.  This is
how aria-level, aria-setsize, and aria-posinset are exposed using
MSAA+IA2 [2].

A quick (very!) web search reveals that NVDA (likely) uses it [3].

[1]
http://accessibility.linuxfoundation.org/a11yspecs/ia2/docs/html/interface_i_accessible2.html#a94d4d84e000ef2fa3f2abf1148779941
[2] http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/aria-implementation/#mapping_group_position
[3] http://community.nvda-project.org/ticket/77

--
;;;;joseph.

'A: After all, it isn't rocket science.'
'K: Right. It's merely computer science.'
              - J. D. Klaun -