From: James Craig <jcraig@apple.com>
To: James Nurthen <james.nurthen@oracle.com>
Cc: public-pfwg@w3.org
Date: 02/26/2014 12:40 AM
Subject: Re: addition of HTML role requirement mappings

On Feb 21, 2014, at 9:26 AM, James Nurthen <james.nurthen@oracle.com>
wrote:

> Do you want this in 1.1 or should this be part of an ARIA 2.0 Grids and
Tables module?

Sorry I missed this. While you’re right that extended table behaviors
(dataset providers, pivot tables, etc.) will be too big for 1.1, it’s
possible we can get some of the missing HTML table semantics into ARIA 1.1:
Table and cell rows, and possibly the colspan/rowspan semantics.

Potential ARIA 1.1 issues?

   ISSUE-423: Introduce a table role to be a parent of grid, but
non-interactive
   https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/track/issues/423

   ISSUE-2: Rowspan / Colspan
   https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/track/issues/2

Related, but probably best left for ARIA 2.0:

   ISSUE-3: Investigate full table support in non HTML base
languages (SVG) and other table/grid semantics that are missing from HTML
   https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/track/issues/3

   ISSUE-611: Support Pivot Table functionality in ARIA
   https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/track/issues/611

Thoughts/concerns/objections?
James