Re: DRAFT MINUTES: March 3, 2014 WAI-PF ARIA Caucus

My apologies as well, I had a meeting conflict.

I wished to mention regarding

>MK: I think for a screen reader, the way it is read is not difference, but the keyboard support

On the desktop, using JAWS and NVDA specifically, a grid has a specific interaction in Applications Mode, allowing the SR user to use the arrow keys when a grid has focus. When Applications Mode is disabled, then the standard table navigation commands can be used in the manner of a regular data table.

>From what I understand, a grid should have only one tab stop, and no other focusable elements should be present within the construct.

A table though could have any number of embedded active elements, since the basic active element model would apply.

Grid is being misused in many places in place of badly formed tables, so a table role is a great idea!