Re: Added ARIA to ARIA specs ACTION-691

One other note about a structural change I made to the ARIA spec
associated with adding ARIA markup. In order for the W3C validator to
accept it for publication, the document has to be HTML 5. HTML 5 is more
strict about some things. For many of the tables of characteristics of
roles, states, and properties, we have two columns, the first more or
less a header, and the second the data. Previously I was told there were
accessibility issues with marking that first column as a <th> and
instead we used <td> with scope="row" to provide some degree of
"header-ness" to it. However, HTML 5 does not allow the scope attribute
on <td> elements. So I changed those to <th>. Please check this and let
me know if this re-introduces accessibility issues that I don't
understand. I would think it would be ok but I'm not a full-time AT
user. Michael