Re: 48-Hour Call for Consensus (CfC); Publish 1 ARIA FPWD & 2 ARIA Heartbeats

I still not sure I have clear understanding of what role="text" is, so I
cannot thumb up on it.

My concern is role="text" content is not supposed to be a real text for AT,
at least this is a seeming consequence from the proposed mapping. In other
words, role="text" is not presented same way as native text for AT and thus
AT cannot navigate it and operate on it (like selection, copy). That makes
me think that it cannot be considered as a text and I lean towards that
role="text" was rather misnamed.

If I understand right then the propose of role="text" is to make stuff read
as continuous piece of text, i.e. to avoid pauses for the accessible object
when it is encountered. So if above is correct then it be nicer if role was
different named like role="inline" or maybe if that wasn't a role at all
but rather a state of the accessible object like aria-continual.

Thanks.
Alex.