RE: Is there an official place to document current role compatibility differences?

Hi Bryan
The test harness is at http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/testharness/

By the way...I also put up an online database were people can add unit tests and  document failure and successful use of ARIA. Very different from the test harness as this is looking for authoring errors rather then operating system/ browser implemetion errors. I dont see anyone using it yet, but it is at http://athena-ict.com/UnitTestsHomePage.html.
Each unit test is added to a directory and in a page that uses frames so that people can add header scripts into the unit test. You can then run tools against it and see what they pick up (or not). feel free to add/use it as much as you want.

All the best

Lisa Seeman

Athena ICT Accessibility Projects
LinkedIn, Twitter

---- On Tue, 08 Apr 2014 22:44:42 +0300 Bryan Garaventa<bryan.garaventa@ssbbartgroup.com> wrote ----

Where can the ARIA test harness be accessed? This sounds like a good
resource for conducting many of these tests.

The standard user DB sounds good, but the problem with general user data is
that it can often be sprinkled with user error data, such as the user simply
not liking the intended interaction design of a widget, or the way that
feedback is conveyed. I had that recently where a user said that ARIA Tabs
were wrong, because he couldn't access them in the Links list.

I always report bugs when I encounter something that I can prove is a bug,
or reasonably so until proven otherwise, so no worries there.

My main interest is to build out a single page high level overview resource
that can be edited as needed to give a good overview of where the breakdown
between browser support vs AT support differs, because then it will be
easier to figure out where the main issues are located. I think this still
will take a bit of playing with to get organized where version data can be
included and variation notes can be added, since one way of doing things
often varies greatly between another even if both ways are technically
compliant.

Apologies if I haven't replied earlier to others, my main comp died and Win
is being reinstalled, so I'm using a backup for the time being.