Re: ISSUE-636 ACTION-1398 Provide spec. text for aria-roledescription

On 2014-04-03 4:54 PM, James Craig wrote:

>> >l7d.
>> >
>> >Much like a11y, i18n, and l10n.
> Is this a late April Fool or are you seriously suggesting @aria-l7drolename?
>
> James

Neither, although I wish it was a April Fool joke.

I thought the attribute was either aria-roledescription or
aria-roledesc.  (BTW, where did "roleNAME" come from?  My guess: typing
too fast :-) ).

The suggested spec text includes (my emphasis) " ...Provides a human
readable, *localized* string name for the role of the element."  I'm not
entirely sure what W3C English spelling policy is -- American only,
Commonwealth only, or a mixture.  To avoid that issue, use l7d.  Then
again, maybe the official policy is that kind of acronym is not allowed
either.

> Welcome to the W3C mailing lists, where many things are misconstrued

Indeed.

--
;;;;joseph.

'A: After all, it isn't rocket science.'
'K: Right. It's merely computer science.'
              - J. D. Klaun -