Re: Extensible ARIA?

Hi Léonie,

Thanks for the post. I'm also tracking this whole discussion with some
interest and I agree that the judicious application of ARIA is a great
complement to Web components.
The question that has been rattling around my brain, is do we need to
expand ARIA ad nauseam?

Partially because I feel that if we have a semantic carte blanche type
situation, when many devs in reality struggle with the basics, I worry
about an AT/A11y API tower of babel scenario - while well intentioned
may just degrade the user experience.

In short, a constraints based approach to the application of a11y
semantics may serve our cause better in the long run.

My 2 cents

Josh