Re: UAIG Menu events

Well there is also a submenu of a submenu menuitem. We need to alot for
that.

Rich

Rich Schwerdtfeger

From:	Joseph Scheuhammer <clown@alum.mit.edu>
To:	Richard Schwerdtfeger/Austin/IBM@IBMUS, Joseph Scheuhammer
            <clown@alum.mit.edu>,
Cc:	Cynthia Shelly <cyns@exchange.microsoft.com>, W3C WAI Protocols
            & Formats <public-pfwg@w3.org>, Alexander Surkov
            <surkov.alexander@gmail.com>
Date:	10/30/2013 02:27 PM
Subject:	Re: UAIG Menu events

      This does not read correctly:

      Menubar must a natural parent of the menuitems or one defined by
      aria-owns (use RELATION_NODE_PARENT_OF/RELATION_NODE_CHILD_OF).

The new wording is:
"Menubar must be a DOM parent of the menuitems or one defined by
aria-owns."

      This text (then set menu mode) is not really an MSAA mapping:

      EVENT_SYSTEM_MENUSTART on the accessible object for the menubar, then
      set menu "mode"

How about (Alex's terminology):

Activate the menu bar and fire EVENT_SYSTEM_MENUSTART on the accessible
object for the menubar.

      I am not sure we need the last row if Alex agrees to the following:

      We get a EVENT_SYSTEM_MENUPOPUPEND whenever a menu popup close or is
      hidden. Row 5 (previous row talks to menu end)

What goes in the UIA cell then?  Row 5 and 6 are different for UIA.  Row 5
says, " MenuModeEndEvent".  Row 6 says " MenuClosedEvent, then
MenuModeEndEvent".  Cynthia, your input would be appreciated.
--
;;;;joseph.

'A: After all, it isn't rocket science.'
'K: Right. It's merely computer science.'
             - J. D. Klaun -