RE: Processing requirements for secondary and seealso missing

From: Lisa Seeman <lisa@ubaccess.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2008 09:25:25 +0200
To: 'Henri Sivonen' <hsivonen@iki.fi>
Cc: public-pfwg-comments@w3.org

>> I think the processing requirements in this case are simple - enable
> >adoption to your user base needs.

>That's totally vague. That's not a processing requirement that leads to
interoperable implementations.

Henri,

In cases were accessibility for the blind is a key issue then processing
instructions to map to the accessibility API is given.

However, in the case of adaptation for learning and cognitive disabilities I
strongly believe that no person - and certainly not this working group can
identify all the scenarios and possible adaptations combinations.
Therefore the idea is to enable adaptability by exposing what things are.

We do not want to write a specification that dictates all possible
processing for different layouts - I do not think you want a specification
with 100's of options iether. Were no processing instruction is given a
normal browser can ignore the role but an AT can use it.