Controlling web screen complexity

Thanks, Steve, for your note below!

We just had an interesting conversation on the APA call about possibly
creating a module to control screen business--things such as stopping
animation or auto-playing of video. We thought it could possibly even
extend to controlling excessive blink rates.

And, here's Steve giving us the news that Firefox is doing something
very similar for audio as of the just released Firefox version.

Our APA discussion did note that browser uptake would be critical. We
also noted this has been of interest under the rubric of Personalization
for some time, including the work of the now defunct Indie-UI WG.

Here's a pointer to some of that conversation from APA:

https://www.w3.org/2019/03/20-apa-minutes.html#item04

Best,

Janina

--