Re: problem with data-

I can't provide a definitive answer. However, I suggest those two
statements are a bit confused on their face.

Statement 1 refers to "... private to the page or application."

Statement 2 refers to "software that is independent of the site."

So we have the terms "application" and "software." I suggest those are
essentially synonymous. That leaves us with the question of what
"independent" means.

So, my conclusion becomes we're OK. We're consuming the web site in a
user appropriate manner. Imo, that's not an "independent" use.

Just my two cents (American).

Janina

--

Janina Sajka