---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Sam Goto <goto@google.com>
Date: Fri, Apr 27, 2018 at 11:29 AM

Regarding the taxonomy, IIUC, in the Adaptable Content Module
<https://w3c.github.io/personalization-semantics/content/index.html#values>
there
is a classification of action-based semantics. It would be great if you
could list somewhere prior art that you've explored and the tradeoffs that
you considered. FWIW, here are a few things that I'd expect to see in a
background research section somewhere in your explainer:

- academically: framenet, verbnet, wordnet
- standards track: activity streams and schema.org actions
<http://blog.sgo.to/2014/02/a-taxonomy-for-verbs.html>
- industry applications: opengraph actions
<https://developers.facebook.com/docs/sharing/opengraph/using-actions>, gmail
actions
<https://developers.google.com/gmail/markup/actions/actions-overview>, search
actions <http://blog.sgo.to/2014/09/schemaorg-actions-implementations.html>

These are all more action-oriented and don't cover your other modules (e.g.
easylang, numfree, etc). There were also designed for a different
application (activity streams for social applications and schema.org for
search/conversational assistants, e.g. alexa/siri/home) but seemed like
somewhat related technologies.

Hope this is being helpful,

Sam

On Thu, Apr 26, 2018 at 11:37 AM, Charles LaPierre <charlesl@benetech.org>
wrote:

> +Lisa
> I think Lisa might be able to add some more perspective on that as this
> was moved over from the Cognitive Task Force, so I am not sure of the
> history to be honest.

 We could move this discussion to our list if we want to flesh this out Sam

--
John Foliot
Principal Accessibility Strategist