Re: Top level .htaccess file

I can understand if this is out of scope. It feels like it should be a
choice for domains or subdomains instead of a always true or false.

This was/is the behavior of purl.org so that is one of the main things that
set expectations of my community for the last ~6 years. I don't know if
PURL was apache based in the back end or not I don't think it was. So the
method of case insensitive is different from the desire to support it.

I agree that misspellings like l for I are an issue that we have ignored
but since it's not a change from PURL we don't get flack for it.