Re: Idea: Travis-like testing of .htaccess?

On Mon, Nov 17, 2014 at 9:25 AM, Stian Soiland-Reyes
<soiland-reyes@cs.manchester.ac.uk> wrote:
> Do you think it is possible to have some kind of automatic testing or
> semi-automatic staging of a suggested .htaccess pull request? I'm kind
> of Travis-CI which can run tests on any pull request and then comment
> on the request with the test results.
>

> Perhaps it could be something as simple as
>
> cat $(find . -name README.md)  | grep https://w3id | sed s/cleverbithere//
>
> and then try each of those to see that it gets redirected correctly
> (and that the destination is not 404)?

If this worked, it would be nice, but it seems complex and a bit of
overkill for just testing redir rules.  Adds overhead of having to add
test rules for what in most cases are simple redir rules.  Tests could
also return 404 even though the rules are correct.  Probably would
just want test system to test files related to new commits since old
rules may get stale and broken.  Patches are of course welcome if you
have an idea how how to do this. :-)

-dave