Re: Permanent Identifiers for the Web Project Launches

On Wed, May 8, 2013 at 8:13 PM, Renato Iannella <ri@semanticidentity.com> wrote:
> I think the latter puts most "authors" out of contention to create ids.
>
> What about a simple web UI?

The main reason the site is so simple right now is that that we wanted
the service online for production use quickly.  You can't get much
simpler than what we have now.  Pull requests will let additions and
changes be reviewed and discussed as needed before going live.  That
should help the direct the service in the right direction and avoid
misuse and abuse in the short term.

If someone has a desire to expand the service and provide a nice UI
that would be great!  Discuss it here, fork the code, hack out the
features, and submit a pull request.  I'm guessing we'd need to start
dealing with user and group accounts, reserved ids, abandoned ids,
conflict resolution, whitelists, blacklists, id policies, id
approvals, access control, etc etc.  A quick redirect solution was
certainly easier to start with. :-)

-dave