Re: Charter renewal - please review

On September 22, 2017 at 6:37:25 PM, Telford-Reed, Nick (nick.telford-reed@worldpay.com) wrote:
> In particular, we would welcome thoughts about the future of the http/non-interactive
> specifications

I'm supportive of deferring the HTTP-based specs for now: all HTTP-based use cases should already be covered by the Fetch API. If Fetch is found lacking, then we should have that spec enhanced to meet our use cases. Any limitations in Fetch will emerge as developers start to use the Payment Handler API (i.e., over the next 2+ years).

In the mean time, we have identified several potential enhancements we need to make to the Payment Request API to better accommodate the needs of merchants and users [1]. I'm quite looking forward to tackling those over the next 2 years.

> and also on any new deliverables that the group wold like to take up. As
> Ian commented this week in the call, the more specific we can be, the more it seems that
> we can find approval from the broader membership.
>
> In any case, I'd urge you to book 15 minutes out of you diaries, print off the draft charter,
> sit down with a nice hot cup of tea (*other drinks are available), and scribble all over
> it and let us know your suggestions.

I'm supportive of the scope and general direction. What we currently have listed sounds reasonable for work to undertake over the next 2 years.

Kind regards,
Marcos

[1] https://github.com/w3c/payment-request/issues?q=is%3Aissue+is%3Aopen+label%3A%22Future+Candidate+Feature%22