Re: Tokenization Task Force experimentations

> On Oct 2, 2017, at 10:23 AM, Gildas Le Louarn <gildas.lelouarn@lyra-network.com> wrote:
>
> Hi WPWG and Tokenization Wiki Task Force
>
> Even if I’ve never participated to Tokenization Task Force calls (personal planning issue according recurring meeting time), I’ve taken time to follow your discussions and I would request you a precision according tokenization topic.
>
> Because I’m newbie, don’t hesitate to let me know if I’m not using the right canal.
>
> Looking for “encrypted_card” https://github.com/w3c/webpayments-methods-tokenization/wiki/encrypted_card , it seems we don’t talk about PaymentHandler storage as it was for “gateway_params” https://github.com/w3c/webpayments-methods-tokenization/wiki/gateway_params in case of “oneTimeUse”=false.
>
> Am I true saying we probably won’t cover such token storage because it isn’t the role of PaymentHandler to manage tokens storage and authentication?

Hi Gildas, thanks for joining the conversation!

You are correct that, up to now, we have treated storage of tokens as out of scope for Payment Request API and Payment Handler API. They define
a pipe through which data flows, but what parties do with that data and how they store it is up to them.

> As Braintree we are concerned by “Encrypted Card Tokenization Extension” giving direct access to our merchant to subsequent payment in two ways:
>
> ·         Offline usage for subscriptions…
> ·         Online usage with additional authentication (generally 3DS + card security code).
>
> As a consequence we are greatly interested to help the community to work on encrypted card and more particularly on the extension use case. I understood that some of us are working on such experimentations.
>
> To avoid redundant work, do you think interesting for the community if we work on tokenization extension experimentation taking into account specificities of our merchants use cases?

I anticipate that we will discuss both subscriptions and 3DS at our upcoming face-to-face meeting [1]. Is there any way for you to attend (or for Lyra to otherwise
be represented)?

Ian

[1] https://github.com/w3c/webpayments/wiki/FTF-Nov2017

--