Re: Credit transfer next steps

On 2 May 2017 at 08:13, Anders Rundgren <anders.rundgren.net@gmail.com>
wrote:

> On 2017-05-02 10:48, Adrian Hope-Bailie wrote:
>
> Hi Adrian,
>
> I don't disagree with what you write but my core claim was simply that
> there's nothing specific to implement "inside of Chrome" to cite Zack,
> in order to support credit transfers and similar push scenarios.

That's a fair question. I think it would be useful to understand if support
for new payment methods entails:
1) Simply adding the identifier (short-string) to a list of allowed values
OR
2) Putting data validation logic into the browser to ensure that the
payment method data is valid

Assuming it is just 1 then it's difficult to be sure that the data passed
to the payment apps will be valid. I will put this on the agenda for our
call this week to get some insight from the browser vendors.