RE: Refund support?

Hello All

My understanding of refund :

-      Card system already organised the refund function at the back-office using the PAN

-      For the SEPA credit transfer, this could be organised  using the IBAN of the payer. I say “organized” because the merchant is not supposed to get the IBAN of the payer but its bank knows it. So the merchant could ask its bank to send a credit transfer to the payer.

-      For the SEPAmail system, the refund is organised using the JADE application in the backoffice of the merchant using the same identifier used in the payment transaction (QXBAN)

-      For the SEPA direct debit, it is even simpler because the merchant knows the IBAN of the payer so he could sent a credit transfer

-      Other systems, I don’t know

I think that a merchant gets enough information during the payment phase to organize later a refund. However, there is still a difference between payment and refund:

-      in the payment the payer gives his consent,

-      in the refund the consent of the payer is not asked. It could be interesting to have an approval by the payer before the refund is sent to be sure that the dispute is over (for WG #10)

Regards

PS: BPCE had published all its work regarding Scai on https://www.w3.org/Payments/IG/wiki/Main_Page/ProposalsQ42015/SCAI#SCAI_API

Cyril VIGNET
+33622040856