Re: Call for Consensus to Publish Two Candidate Recommendations - RESPONSE REQUESTED by 26 July 2017

> On Jul 27, 2017, at 7:06 AM, marcos@marcosc.com wrote:
>

> On 26 Jul 2017, at 11:46 pm, Jean-Yves Rossi <jean-yves.rossi@cantonconsulting.fr> wrote:
>
>> CANTON support both proposals but would like to highlight that depriving the payee (e.g. the merchant) of the ability to define a preference or to steer payers to the use of the payment instrument the payee prefers, will hinder the use of the APIs in the EU.
>>
>> About PMI, we wish that, when it will be feasible, the conditions under which PMI will be "validated, and when applicable, minted and formally registred with the W3c" could be effectively clarified.
>

> I felt the same, and actually started drafting text to address this.
>
> All we need is a paragraph saying to make a "member submission" (as per W3C Process) or send a proposal to the public mailing list.
>
> It's basically the same process that "basic-card" underwent - and we can point to basic-card as an exemplar.

Basic Card came about through the WG, and I expect future payment method specs published by the WPWG to arise through the
same WG process.

W3C does not plan to keep a registry of other payment methods, which is what I had understood the question to be.

Ian

--
Ian Jacobs <ij@w3.org>
https://www.w3.org/People/Jacobs/