Re: Taler HTTP API

On Mon, 2016-09-12 at 11:17 -0400, Manu Sporny wrote:
> At first glance, it looks like the general flow is more or less the
> same, but with digitally signed offers that look more like the Web
> Payments Community Group proposal rather than what the WG has now.

Yes, digitally signed offers are important for us.  Signed offers
combined with coin deposit records provide a cryptographic
proof-of-purchase for customers.

I'd kinda imagine signatures would be relevant for any scheme that tries
to keep dispute resolution costs extremely low, what we like to call
"true micro-payments".  Anything based on a credit card might be
spending enough on dispute resolution anyways that they need not care.

Jeff