Re: Overview of Payment App dev call Nov 14th, 2016

On 2016-11-18 16:43, Adrian Hope-Bailie wrote:
> Merchant certs can still be used but that would be defined per payment method.

Yes, like for Apple Pay.

It's overly complex to try and do this at the top level.

I wouldn't even think of that.

> ApplePay is a payment method under this system so I think this works

IMO the whole point with super-provider solutions is being a one-stop shop for
as much as is technically feasible, including security.  I *may* be wrong, but
I believe Merchants need to have a certificate bound to a specific Apple root.

Anyway, getting Merchants' server-certificates into Android payment apps represent
an *improvement*, I only questioned the stated use-case for that feature.
This information might as well be transferred to the payment providers who may be
in a better position validating it or simply logging it.

Anders