Re: User Consent and Addresses

Agree with Adrian H-B.

This behaviour is crucial to the checkout flow for merchants (and
especially Shopify). I think the fundamental piece that we are forgetting
is the fact that the final amount is going to change based on a shipping
address or shipping option change. This was the reason for including the
shippingoptionchange and shippingaddresschange Events and their associated
event handlers it in the Payment Request API.
https://w3c.github.io/browser-payment-api/specs/paymentrequest.html#shipping-address-changed-algorithm
..

For example, a change of shipping address by the payer can invalidate the
shipping method selected (e.g. a change country from Canada to U.S. may
mean that CanadaPost is no longer available). This means that a different
shipping option will need to be selected, and as a result, the final
transaction amount will need to be updated (via
PaymentRequestUpdateEvent) _prior_
to proceeding with the actual payment.

Andre