Re: Call for reviews of HTTP API and Core Messages proposals

On 05/02/2016 11:55 AM, Michael[tm] Smith wrote:
> Manu Sporny <msporny@digitalbazaar.com>, 2016-05-02 11:32 -0400:
>>
>> On 05/02/2016 11:04 AM, Michael[tm] Smith wrote:
>>> By “wallet/agent/system (that uses this HTTP API)”, you mean
>>> these are non- browser applications such as native mobile apps,
>>> or non-browser desktop apps—which do not themselves run on the
>>> Web, as Web applications, at URLs on the Web, but off the Web
>>> somewhere else?
>>
>> Mike, I'm having a hard time parsing this question. Could you
>> rephrase it please?
>>
>> Specifically, I don't know what "which do not themselves run on the
>> Web, as Web applications, at URLs on the Web, but off the Web
>> somewhere else" means.
>
> By “Web applications” I mean Web applications, per
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Web_application or most any other place
> where that term is defined. “In computing, a web application or web
> app is a client–server software application which the client (or user
> interface) runs in a web browser.”

Ok, for a second there it sounded like you were saying that a native app
that accesses the web is a web application, which would put a very large
number of desktop applications into the "web application" category.

-- manu

Founder/CEO - Digital Bazaar, Inc.
JSON-LD Best Practice: Context Caching
https://manu.sporny.org/2016/json-ld-context-caching/