Re: [Minutes] London FTF meeting (7-8 July 2016)

On 2016-07-09 23:53, Ian Jacobs wrote:
> Hi WPWG,
>
> Draft minutes from the FTF meeting in London are available:
>   https://www.w3.org/2016/07/07-wpwg-minutes

  "DanAppelquist: We are working on this at Samsung.
   ... a lot of the current focus and thinking is how to connect samsung pay to the web through the samsung browser...we are at the prototype stage
   ... so please include is in the list of implementers"

This is very surprising since it has been mentioned over and over that Intents is the assumed method for invoking Apps from the Web in Android.

That Dan also is chairing the W3C TAG which to date have dismissed/ignored all discussions about a more general method for this purpose makes this statement even more confusing.

I hate repeating myself but Android intents isn't actually useful for applications requiring more than just being started.

In addition, we haven't yet gotten a firm description on what Google actually is doing for Android Pay regarding App return data; we are supposed to wait until 2017 for that!

https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/something_is_rotten_in_the_state_of_Denmark

Anders
Third-party Android developer and a few things more