Re: Encrypting basic card data

Sure.  Or 2FA or whatever.  There are a lot of ways to help "secure" the
customer-side of the transaction. I would also note that all of the
messages in this API are already encrypted over the wire.  So what we are
talking about is the content of data structures as they move among various
layers of the architecture.  I think the risk of MitM is pretty low...

On the other hand, if I were using a third party payment app on a public
computer at a library, I wouldn't want the PAN coming out of my payment app
visible at all to the user agent. My solution to that is to not use
computers at libraries - but not everyone has that luxury I imagine.

--
Shane McCarron
Projects Manager, Spec-Ops