Minutes [Was: [Agenda] 10 August Payment Apps task force meeting]

Hello all,

Minutes from today’s call:
 https://www.w3.org/2016/08/10-apps-minutes.html

I have edited the specification based on discussion, but the changes have not yet been merged into the
main payment app api repo.

I have added a question to tomorrow’s WPWG agenda [1] about where to specify potential changes to payment request API.

Ian

[1] https://github.com/w3c/webpayments/wiki/Agenda-20160811

> On Aug 9, 2016, at 12:26 PM, Ian Jacobs <ij@w3.org> wrote:
>
> Participants in the payments app task force,
>
> We meet 10 August at 13:00 UTC (9am ET). Here’s the draft agenda.
>
> Previous meeting: 3 August:
>  https://www.w3.org/2016/08/03-apps-minutes
>
> Ian
>
> ==============
> UPDATED DRAFT
>
> Ian has updated the spec based on recent discussions:
> https://w3c.github.io/webpayments-payment-apps-api/
>
> ============
> REGISTRATION
>
> Issue 8: Is registration "necessary"?
> https://github.com/w3c/webpayments-payment-apps-api/issues/8
>
> Action: JasonN to write a proposal about minimizing the effort to
> register payment apps, calling out merchant recommendations, browser
> recommendations, and user initiated registration
>
> =========
> IDENTIFICATION
>
> Action 2016-08-03: Ian to add to design considerations the app identification
> bits for this issue.
>
> (Done).
>
> New issue 20: Should we distinguish the identifier for a payment app
> from the identifier for the app server that processes payments?
> https://github.com/w3c/webpayments-payment-apps-api/issues/20
>
> =========
> SELECTION
>
> Action 2016-08-03: Ian to organize a chat with Ben on writing down different
> user experiences.
>
> See
> https://github.com/w3c/webpayments/wiki/PaymentApp_Notes#user-experience-descriptions
>
> ==============
> TRUST
>
> Issue 1:  Should merchants be able to limit matching to trusted apps?
> https://github.com/w3c/webpayments-payment-apps-api/issues/1
>
> AdrianHB has some questions about this proposal.
>
> ==============
> DESIGN CONSIDERATIONS
> https://github.com/w3c/webpayments/wiki/PaymentApp_Notes#design-considerations
>
> Action 2016-07-27: Conor and JasonN will send comments on the text.
>
> NOTE: Ian has incorporated it into the revised spec.
>
> ==============
> IMPLEMENTATIONS
>
> Let's begin discussion of how to start working with implementers to
> gain some experience. Keywords:
>    - Native / polyfill
>    - Identify payment app developers to work with

> TPAC PLANNING
>
> - What are our goals for payment apps at TPAC?
>

> Also, see the full issues list in the new payment apps repo:
> https://github.com/w3c/webpayments-payment-apps-api/issues
>
> --
> Ian Jacobs <ij@w3.org>      http://www.w3.org/People/Jacobs
> Tel:                       +1 718 260 9447

Tel:                       +1 718 260 9447