Payment logic in the Browser (was Re: CfC to publish documents as FPWD of the Web Payments WG)

Hi Anders,

*NB: Please can we restrict the discussion on the CfC thread to +1 or -1 on
the CfC itself.*
That said, I have forked the thread, so thanks for your input.

If you read the specifications you'll see that we have explicitly NOT "put
payment application logic inside of a browser".

Instead we have created a standard interface to initiate a payment in a way
that is agnostic to the method of payment and allows the payment logic to
exist almost anywhere.

I have just pushed a proposal for another specification in this set that
describes how Payment Apps integrate with this API and the many forms they
might take. I'd appreciate your thoughts as I think this is starting to get
into the realm of things that you have been discussing for some time:

https://w3c.github.io/webpayments/proposals/paymentapps/payment-apps.html

Adrian