Re: [webpayments] Please enable issues to be reflected on the mailing list (#9)

Hi Manu,

To clarify what has been setup.

- There is now a bot Github user (https://github.com/webpayments/) with
the email address github-w3c-webpayments-wg@w3.org
- That email account is subscribed to the WG mailing list and is also
subscribed to all Github issue notifications on the repo:
https://github.com/w3c/webpayments
- When that account receives mails from Github it forwards them to the
mailing list.
- When the account receives replies from the mailing list it forwards
them to Github.

The result (once all moderation issues have been resolved) will be that:

- If a new issue is logged or a comment is added to an existing issue
then a mail will be sent to the mailing list
- Anyone replying to mails on the mailing list related to issues will
see their replies posted against the Github issue.

We still recommend that members of the WG post their comments and issues
directly on Github if possible as this has the least chance of creating
SPAM, messing with formatting or sending out duplicate messages.

Are there any outstanding security concerns:

1. Is it possible to compromise the Github account of the bot?
2. Is it possible to post to Github "anonymously"?
3. Are we certain that non email sent to the members-only mailing list
will end up on Github?

Thanks for making this work. If it's as seamless as it appears it should be
then I think it will be a great way to use Guthub and still accommodate
those that like to (or have to) use the mailing list.

Adrian

—