Re: New wiki article: TPAC 2015 issues list (was RE: wpwg-ACTION-8: Move google docs list of issues to github wiki)

On 12/01/2015 10:58 AM, Adrian Hope-Bailie wrote:
> In looking at the list on the wiki I don't think these are ready to
> be captured as issues yet in the issue tracker.

Oops, sorry, I didn't see this email before converting some of the
issues. Our engineers pointed it out to me this morning, sorry about that.

> Rather than fill the issue tracker up prematurely let's discuss an
> approach to filtering and refining this list on Thursdays call and
> then assign some actions to have them captured as issues.

I think we're over-thinking this. Github's issue tracker is built around
raising, refining, and closing issues fast. I don't think we should make
it more difficult to get issues into the tracker.

> I also think we will have more luck in dealing with issues once we
> have the start of a spec to refer to and the impact of the different
> ways of addressing the issue are more clear.

I disagree. I don't think we're going to be able to have the start of a
spec before processing/discussing some of these issues.

> I will put this on Thursday's agenda.

Thanks. :)

-- manu

Founder/CEO - Digital Bazaar, Inc.
blog: Web Payments: The Architect, the Sage, and the Moral Voice
https://manu.sporny.org/2015/payments-collaboration/