call for participation: Agent/Domain Relationship task force

From: Humphrey, Jack <JHumphrey@coremetrics.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2003 12:56:32 -0500
To: "'public-p3p@w3.org'" <public-p3p@w3.org>

The P3P 1.1 Working Group (currently being chartered) is considering the
creation of a mechanism to declare relationships between sites/domains. This
ability would allow user agents to distinguish between secondary sites  that
are truly third parties and ones that either are owned by the same company
or are agents of the primary site. Current user agent implementations apply
more restrictive privacy rules to all sites in a different domain, treating
them as third-party when sometimes they are not. For more information:
http://www.w3.org/P3P/2003/03-status.html

I am the chair of the task force that will be working on this mechanism and
would like to have broad participation. If you have an interest in
participating in this work, please let me know as soon as possible. We are
going to try to have an initial teleconference this week to get the work
started.

Thanks.

Jack Humphrey