Re: Comments on P3P WD Schema Stuff

From: Rigo Wenning <rigo@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2005 17:50:37 +0100
To: "Giles Hogben" <giles.hogben@jrc.it>
Cc: public-p3p-spec@w3.org
Giles,

Am Monday 17 January 2005 17:48 verlautbarte Giles Hogben :
> --- Sec 5.1.2
>
> Please put this on a new line
>
> "It should be noted that the use of a particular data element is NOT
> a request for that particular type of data, or a statement that the
> data is collected, rather a hypothetical statement that it may be
> collected."

this is an old issue raised by Amex in 2001 I think. The group rejected
the attempt of a declaration meaning "we may collect". For those
wanting to be precise, they can only mention the sub-elements and not
over-declare. For those making broad statements, unless wallet-software
is involved- a P3P user agent can't know what is actually collected
(from many sources) and has to assume that the declared data is
collected some way or another.

So I am reluctant to change that.

Best,

Rigo