no extension element allowed in entity element

From: Lorrie Cranor <lorrie+@cs.cmu.edu>
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2004 11:51:49 -0400
To: 'public-p3p-spec' <public-p3p-spec@w3.org>

We're working on a few final schema-related concerns...

Giles points out:

> 	Currently there is no extension element allowed inside data group
> elements
> in the entity element (describing business data of entity) - this is
> according to the XML schema. Should we break the schema and allow this
> -
> otherwise how can we implement the new schema - only for data elements
> seems
> unworkable.

If it doesn't break any existing user agents (I don't think it will)
then I would be inclined to go ahead with this. My main concern is that
it triggers a change in the name space, which I was trying to avoid,
although it may not be critical given the lack of checking done by most
of the existing user agents. What other options do we have?

Lorrie