Re: Problems with the P3P Schema

Hello,

> OK sorry - we missed the type reference.
> There still seems to be a problem with the entity element however.
> In the DTD, it allows for an extension child, but in the schema, it does
> not.
>
> This could be a problem for the XSD data schema, because if it is going to
> be useful, it would need to be applied also within the entity element...
> Do you think we could add the possibility of an extension here?

In the P3P specification document, there are three ways
to define the element. ABNF (embedded in the document),
XML schema (normative appendix), DTD (informative appendix).

DTD, ABNF, and XML schema allow extension child
in <DATA-GROUP> element in <STATEMENT>.

ABNF and XML schema do NOT allow extension child
in <DATA-GROUP> element in <ENTITY>.
However, DTD allows.

This is because ability of DTD is limited.
DTD cannot give different definitions to
DATA-GROUP in ENTITY and DATA-GROUP in STATEMENT,
while ABNF and XML schema can.

I think the intention of the P3P specification working group is
closer to what ABNF and XML schema say.

Thanks,

--
Yuichi Koike ( koike@ay.jp.nec.com )