BDS and APPEL

From: Giles Hogben <giles.hogben@jrc.it>
Date: Thu, 9 Sep 2004 11:53:11 +0200
To: "'Rigo Wenning'" <rigo@w3.org>, "'Lorrie Cranor'" <lorrie+@cs.cmu.edu>
Cc: <public-p3p-spec@w3.org>

Hi,
I just realised that we should add a note about APPEL rulesets. This is
connected to what is called "Category Expansion" - for "Fixed Category"
elements, the categories are not explicitly stated in the policy but are
derived from the schema. This would have to be done by any APPEL rules using
the new format too. If we still have the old format data elements required,
this is not really a problem, because rules can just match the old-style
elements as before, but....

Giles