Re: proposal to add grouping mechanism to CP

From: Rigo Wenning <rigo@w3.org>
Date: Sat, 20 Mar 2004 15:19:05 +0100
To: "'public-p3p-spec'" <public-p3p-spec@w3.org>
On Saturday 20 March 2004 04:45, Lorrie Cranor wrote:
> I propose adding a section 4.2.10 Compact STATEMENT
>
> The STATEMENT element is represented in compact policies using the
> curly brace { } symbols. The { represents the opening STATEMENT tag
> and the } represents the closing statement tag.

This is a good trick. I like it. But curly braces don't carry attributes ;) This means
the grouping mechanism of <statement> can't be applied. Your examples
for grouping are good, but I would really like us to have a chunk of full
policy in the example and the grouped compact representation that goes
with it.

Best,

Rigo