Re: The p3p generic attribute

Lorrie,

the issue is that WSDL is using SOAP and qnames and like in the forms
context, several things can be sent to several URIs and there are
intermediaries. So yes, some things have URIs and some don't. It is a
simple question of granularity and complexity like in XForms.

If you can match a small chunk (field for XForms, interface for WSDL) to
a P3P Policy, policy writing gets much easier, matching of functionality
(required/opt in/out) will be easier etc... That's why I'm pushing so
hard on the granularity. It will solve a lot of issues.

For the data in a chunk of XML that is transferred, this can only
be solved with a concept like EPAL. (or a major revision of P3P).
Applying policy to data instead of interfaces is the ultimate level of
granularity.

Best,

Rigo