law - element in remedies

From: Rigo Wenning <rigo@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 27 Nov 2003 17:55:44 +0100
To: public-p3p-spec <public-p3p-spec@w3.org>

Dear all,

on the 5 November call, we found that there is a close relationship
between disputes and remedies and changed the wording accordingly. Now
in <law /> under <Remedies> it says:

may be specified by the law referenced in the human readable
description.

But in the <Disputes> - Element, someone could write a statement like
this:

  <DISPUTES-GROUP>
   <DISPUTES resolution-type="law"
     service="http://www.datenschutzzentrum.de/material/recht/ldsg-neu/ldsg-neu.htm"
     short-description="State Data Protection Act Schleswig-Holstein">
    <REMEDIES><law /></REMEDIES>
   </DISPUTES>
  </DISPUTES-GROUP>

In this case, the law is referenced automatically by the service-URI. In
this case, it doesn't make sense to go back to the human readable
policy, as required by the current definition.

So I propose to change that definition to:

Remedies for disputes arising in connection with the Privacy Statement
may be specified by the law referenced in service-URI.

Best,

Rigo