RE: [Minutes] 5 November call

Hi Rigo,

How are you doing? I am sorry to reply you late as I was ver
busy in the past two weeks.

I got a few comments from the talk I gave at the Hong Kong
University of Science and Technology (HKUST) about P3P and P3P
Beyond HTTP as follows:

(1) Referring to the "Privacy" tab in the "Internet Option" from
IE, it doesn't really tell much to a non-computer scientist. It
seems that every IE user must understand P3P and APPEL in order to
set their privacy preferences properly.

(2) Privacy is still a very tough problem in accessing Web pages
(as what P3P is mainly targeting for), and it involves a lot of
non-technical issues such as management. How could we overcome
the non-technical issues in the Web services scenario?

(3) There should have some learning technologies (such as the learning
technology for detecting SPAM e-mails) to set the privacy preferences
for a user.

(4) The relationships between security and privacy are still not
very clear.

By the way, would you please tell me more about "the plans for a
workshop in WS-Privacy and Policy?"

Cheers,

Patrick.