Re: potential requirement/guidelines on acceptable Purpose / Cate g ory combinations

Brooks,

linked means every data linked to every unique id transmitted. In your
example, you create confusion with two unique id's namely cookie and
loyalty #. If both are linked, they also link to all data that is
attached to both unique id's.  (logical or)

What you _do, is drawing conclusions from data declarations to usages and
vice versa. Those heuristics might be useful for a user agent. But I
don't want to prohibit people to say: We collect a whole lot of stuff,
but we don't use it (no purpose attached).

Such a declaration would be a direct breach of the Data Protection
Directive as you collect things for the sake of collecting ;)

So data-collection declaration yes, but I don't yet understand the
(problematic) link to the purpose declaration (other than as a complaint
about our poor set of purposes)

Best,

Rigo