Re: [BH] First (Very Rought) Outline of Beyond HTTP

From: Joseph Reagle <reagle@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 8 May 2003 15:43:47 -0400
To: Patrick.Hung@csiro.au, public-p3p-spec@w3.org

On Wednesday 07 May 2003 22:39, Patrick.Hung@csiro.au wrote:
> > and plan on using them? I have to check the WSDL every time just to
> > make sure the policy hasn't changed. I'm presently thinking:
> > 1. The policy needs to be bound to the layer (application) of the data
> > solicitation and transport as closely as possible.
>
> Let me refresh my mind: the user has its privacy preferences and the
> registrar has its privacy policy.

Right. And I shouldn't have used "bound" as it recalls "bind" which means
something else in the SOAP context. I'll try to stick with "associate" a
policy with the application (layer).

> Step 1: User ---> SOAP Message 1: Please register www.p3pbeyondhttp.com
> for Joseph ---> Registrar's servce
> Step 2: Registrar's service ---> SOAP Message 2: Results(OK/Not OK) --->
> User

This generally sounds ok, though I plan on using XForms with serialized XML
[1] as part of the user2registrar interface, and SOAP (or UDDI/WSDL as
approriate) for the registrar to registry. So please don't worry about the
user2registrar via SOAP bit.

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/xforms/slice11.html